Friday, August 04, 2006

It's raining. It's the beginning of August in Southern California. Just another of Nature's oxymorons. I'm not sure it's actually raining, even though that's what it's being called. I think it's just that the humidity has solidified and can't support its own weight anymore. But whatever it is, it's nice.

I went for my morning walk in a light mist. I even work a light weight windbreaker. Overall that was pretty enjoyable. Except I think I can feel the dampness in my bones, not just in the joints. I never paid much attention to people who said they could tell it was going to rain because their joints ached, or something like that. I may have to revise my opinion since experientially I am getting a different message than I used to.

An interesting and exciting day yesterday. One of our customers came in with her Japanese knitting pattern book and we sat together and figured out some of the instructions. I've only tried using one Japanese pattern before and it was in English. From Habu. It was a simple pattern but enough for me to get the concept. The pattern we were working on yesterday was much more complicated but really only because of the individual stitch patterns and some unfamiliar symbols.

I don't have the exact title of the book, something like Heirloom Knitting, and I forgot to bring home the phone number of the store where she got the book. But I'm going to call them today and see if they have another copy, or can get me one. Maybe I can get to downtown LA this weekend and pick it up. Anyway, I love decyphering knitting patterns and this is going to be really exciting.

No comments: