Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Oh, bother! I've been trying to trick Blogger into letting me upload some old scans. Pictures of Lisa and me when she was still an enfant. And I was a lot younger, too. Anyway, I can't seem to make it happen. Probably because the scans were not saved as j-pegs since the old scanner wouldn't do that. I don't have the original prints so I can't rescan using my new scanner which will let me do that. So I guess I'll have to ask Lisa to bring the photos over so I can rescan them.

Meanwhile. Today is Lisa's birthday. People are always telling me that's she's a lucky girl to get so much of my knitting output. Au contraire! I'm the lucky one. Not only do I get a lot of pleasure from making things for her but she enjoys getting them. I don't know how she stores it all. And on top of that, she's an all around terrific person. Intelligent, independent and alway supportive. We always have fun when we're together even though we don't do somersaults in the backyard anymore. Lots of people think they have the best daughter in the world. And I'm sure they do. But so do I!

Yesterday turned out to be a bit busier than I had anticipated so I didn't get as much done on the Sunset Wrap as I thought I would. But I'm close to finishing the back. Only nine rows to go and then to cast on for one of the fronts. We'll all be glad when that's done.

No comments: