Thursday, April 27, 2006

I don't know if this is a scam, a delaying tactic or just plain imcompetence. I sent my rebate forms in at the end of February a week after I bought my new computer. A week ago I got a notice that I needed to provide the serial number and model number for the printer. Then, a few days later, a notice that I needed to provide the same information for the PC and the monitor. These are the same numbers I sent in originally, along with the UPC number from the boxes. So, I've dutifully provided the numbers again and will have to wait an additional four to six weeks. I know. It's not about knitting. But it's bugging me just the same.

I'm feeling desperate to finish something. Something bigger than a hat or a scarf. So I've been working as much as I can on the blue beach coverup. I think I still have about eight rounds to go, each of which take from 30 to 45 minutes, depending on which stitch sequence I'm working. And then the neck band plus the fringe. What was I thinking? But it will look good and will reduce my stash by six or seven skeins. I'll probably take that with me tonight to knitting group since I can almost not have to pay attention to what I'm doing.

I have finished the back of the baby sweater and have started the front. I need to get this done by next Wednesday. I'm having problems with my left hand though. Working on small needles with cotton isn't helping. So I'm having to take more frequent breaks and am using some Traumeel gel that a friend gave me. Of course I haven't seen a doctor. She'll probably tell me it's just arthritis and I need to give up knitting.

Still waiting for the balance of the yarn to come in so I can finish the Circles bag that I'm making as a shop sample. The supplier said that they just put in what they were told. I know a couple of people who are making the same bag so I've asked them to let me know if they run short. I'm betting they will.

A really busy day for me at Skein yesterday. Not a record breaker but still ten students is a lot more than I've been having recently. Maybe the wintery weather we've been having is helping.

So that's all the news that's fit to blog. I have errands to do today so I'd better get started.

No comments: