Thursday, April 20, 2006

The number of ladies and gentlemen sitting around the knitting table has been severely decimated, probably by the seasonably warm weather and Spring Break. I had only one student yesterday. I did see a few of my knitting friends who mostly came in to see the other knitting friends. It was enjoyable if not profitable.

We're meeting at a different venue this week for our Thursday night knitting group. Perhaps curiosity will motivate a few more people to attend. I still have to decide which project to take with me, probably the blue beach cover-up again as it's the most mindless thing I have going.

I got a couple of new books yesterday. Everyday Style by Carol Rasmussen Noble. She also wrote Lavish Lace along with Cheryl Potter of Cherry Tree Hill. I actually got this one for a friend who is constantly on the lookout for patterns with more generous sizing.

And, because I may have a new mania, mittens, I also purchased Folk Mittens by Marcia Lewandowski. I already have her Andean Folk Knits. One of our fairly frequent customers fell in love with some mittens that another customer was wearing and requested the book so Ann Mary got some extra copies. I've only just started reading it. It's getting a little warm here to think about mittens and I don't really have the right weight yarns in my stash but I can read the book and think about what I might be doing come winter.

No comments: