Friday, March 31, 2006



Four years ago I had just finished this baby's cardigan and had just started my blog. I usually observer April 1, as my blog anniversary but I don't actually know when I started. It was somewhere around that date. I didn't know about archives at first.

I had just purchased my digital camera and was beginning to save pictures of my projects but I didn't know how to upload them. This photo has never been on my blog even though it's four years old. I'm not much better at pictures now than I was then but I've learned a little about editing and stuff so I can at least fake things a bit.

I don't know why I blog. But it's been great. I've met lots of people online and even some of those people in person. It's a treat when someone comes into Skein and mentions that they read my blog. I rarely know what I'm going to write when I sit down to post. Maybe I have a general idea but I don't plan things out in advance down to the last comma. Sometimes I think something is good. Most times I think it's pretty ordinary. But I like going back through my archives sometimes and remembering what was going on then, perhaps not something I blogged about.

I almost stopped blogging a few times but I don't think I'm ready to do that just yet. I enjoy hearing from people all over the world and even Nebraska. So here's to the last four years and what the next one will unfold.