Friday, March 17, 2006



Cute, eh? Click on the image for a bigger view. There are six hats and three pairs of mittens knit for the Dulaan Project by an online friend in Carolina. The three pairs of mittens are the first she's ever done. Aren't they great? She'll be sending them directly to Flagstaff so I wanted to get a photo posted before it was too late. Thanks, Carolyn, for your help. And if you want some more yarn, just let me know.

Today is the first day of my glucose monitoring regimen. I went yesterday, before I went to the Unraveled sale to learn how to use the little semi-automated finger pricking device and the sorta high-tech monitor. The nurse wasn't too pleased with the reading. You could hear her, in her mind, going "Tsk, tsk, tsk." So the reading is higher than it should be, even after I've been more or less focusing on the new diet. And practically starving most of the time. I don't think I should have had that chocolate French silk last night.

So I've started walking again. I used to walk a lot, a couple of miles every morning. Right now it's difficult for me to walk for ten or fifteen minutes without stopping. But it'll get easier.

I'm getting ready to shape the top of another hat. I knit most of it last night at Thursday night knitting. I should have some photos in the next day or so. Not a huge crowd last night but a couple of folks whom we haven't seen in a while. So catching up was good.

No comments: