Thursday, October 06, 2005

Quickie

Quickie

It's not much, just a simple little hat, but it's my first completed item for this year's Dulaan Project. I used some Plymouth Kokonut yarn that came to me from one of Skein's former customers, a lady who at 93 decided that she can no longer knit. I worked the whole thing on dpns which was slower than if I had used a circular but then I couldn't find a circular in the right size in my stash of available needles.

I think this hat is too thin to be of much help in the cold Mongolian winter though. So I've decided to try my hand at Fair Isle knitting. I know how to do it but don't have much actual skill in the execution. So, last night, after finishing the red hat I decided to cast on and try some corrugated ribbing for the next hat. I stayed up way too late because I was having such a good time. Not that everything was perfect but I did get it going. And I just finished a couple more rounds this morning. I'd like to stay home today and work on it some more. I'm like a brand new knitter first discovering the addictive powers of needles and yarn.

No comments: