Friday, October 14, 2005

97 in the shade

97 in the shade

No kidding. That's how hot it was today in Pasadena. It's supposed to be 75F tomorrow and rain on Sunday. I hope the rain does wait since the Knit-Out is tomorrow.

I could hardly wait to get home tonight so I could sit and knit without having to stop every three stitches to answer a question. Of course that's what I'm supposed to be doing but I had some socks I was working on and having a hard enough time keeping track without all those "What did I do?" and "Can you fix this?" interruptions. Plus I had four new pattern books that I wanted to go through and pick out the ones I'd like to make etc.

So I spent an hour or so decreasing a gusset and then another hour practicing my fairisle technique. Bet you thought I had abandoned that project. Nope. Just not enough time for everything I want to do. My stitches are getting better and I don't drop the left hand yarn quite so often. I think I might be going to run out of the orange color though so I'd better start thinking about what color I can add.

No comments: