Friday, October 07, 2005

Corrugated Ribbing

Corrugated Ribbing



Because so many people asked, well three anyway, here's my progress on the corrugated ribbing. The small amount doesn't reflect the actual amount of time I've spent doing this. But I have finished the ribbing and am now trying to design something for the body of the hat. It will probably be fairly geometric and maybe a little Pop Art looking as that seems to be the easiest way for me to go right now. Really, it's about getting some practice in working with yarn on two hands, not about a thing of beauty is a joy forever. Also, I'm thinking I might just make a flat, square hat instead of trying to figure out how to shape the top and at the same time make it all look like I planned it that way.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Monrovia Moms today. I don't know if the whole batch is coming in or just a few but either way it will be fun. They're all taking a class with me later this month as opposed to from me. We're doing Annie Modesitt's shrug workshop. Looking forward to that one, a lot.

I will be staffing the Skein table at the Knit-Out next weekend after all. Money talks. I still don't think this is the best plan but it's what Ann Mary has decided so there you go. I hope it's cooler by then. I don't do well when it's over 90F in the shade. Maybe it will rain.

No comments: