Thursday, September 29, 2005

It's summer again

It's summer again

It's that time of year when it's the most difficult to know how to dress for the day. Last week everyone was getting into the layered look. This week it's back to bare minimum. It was 102F here in Pasadena today and hotter over in Monrovia. But it should cool down to somewhere around 60F by about three o'clock in the morning before climbing back up again tomorrow. I don't know why we're always surprised by this. It's this way every year at this time.

But that doesn't keep people away from their knitting. Well, not everyone. One lady came in today to stock up on yarns for her Christmas knitting. I don't know her but I know that ten people on her list are getting knitted purses.

I still have a ways to go on the second sock of the pastel stripes pair. And I got started on the front of the white turtleneck sweater I'm making for Lisa. I think I'm going to rip out the last five rows and redo the increases at the top of the ribbing. The M1 increases left holes so I think I did them from the wrong direction. Trying to do these increases at Thursday night knitting was not a good idea.

No comments: