Saturday, September 10, 2005

Happy Saturday

Happy Saturday

Someone, someone who is not very talented musically, started practicing his/her trumpet out in the street around seven this morning. An armada of emergency vehicles pulled up in front of the building across the street (ambulance, firetruck and police sedan) shortly after that. The leather tie on my slippers keeps coming undone and I keep tripping on it. My eyes and moustache were clogged with cat hair when I woke up.(Note to self: brush Patrick more often. Note to Patrick: Stay off the bed.) This is not going to be a good day.

That's why I'm looking at these socks. The colors and the stripes just make me laugh. I've been working on these socks for most of this week and expect I'll be done tonight or tomorrow. They'll be going to Lisa's mom for her birthday next month.

There was a break in the yarn early on and I didn't realize how much that one little knot would affect the stripe pattern. So I had to break the yarn in the same place for the second sock which worked fairly well. I'm one row off of an exact repeat and it shows if you look carefully but I'm leaving it. Socks with a history.

I expect to be very busy today. The weather is much, much cooler. I'm hearing more and more comments about holiday knitting. Hmmm. I think it's gonna be okay after all.

No comments: