Monday, November 22, 2004

Winding yarn

It doesn't seem like a week since it was Monday before. But since it is Monday I have lots of chores to do, the biggest, most time-consuming one being laundry. I was going to skip it but when I looked in my closet and saw only a couple of bedraggled sweat shirts I figured I'd better get on it. And now it's done and put away.

I still have to hit the market and do some picking up. Why do all my books and magazines end up all over the place instead of on the shelves? In between trips to the laundry room I have been winding yarn. All of the stuff I got at the Knitters'Review Retreat, except the sock yarn, has been wound and put in plastic bags until I can decide what I'm going to do with them and, of course, find the time.

I have a very reliable umbrella swift and yarn winder that Lisa gave me for Christmas probably twenty years ago. I love using them because they remind me of her and how much she cares for me. Someday, maybe, I'll have one of those heavy duty wooden swifts. They're nice but they don't have much sentimental value. I don't really need a fancy swift. I can only remember one time when the one I have wasn't adequate and that was because the hanks were too big around.

So, back to yarn winding.

No comments: