Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm up to my elbows in flour as I get ready to knead the dough for some egg braids I'm making to take with me to Robert's for dinner. I made some carrot bread last night. And I have the wine so I'm all set.

I sat down to post yesterday but there just wasn't anything new or interesting. It was slow at Skein and I only had one student. I don't have to travel far from my home to Skein so I couldn't even complain about the traffic. I did find some time to work on the shop sample and started a scarf that will be a birthday/Christmas gift for a friend. I will be able to get some more done today as I wait for the bread to rise.

Besides all the things for which I'm continually thankful, good health, a warm place to live, close friends and family, I'm especially thankful for the new friends I've made this year, on-line and at the Knitter's Review Retreat. What a great bunch!

I think the scalded milk has probably cooled enough by now so I'd better get on with it. I hope you each and everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: