Saturday, November 20, 2004

Pomegranate!



This is the biggest pomegrante I've ever seen. It's at least the size of a large grapefruit. It's so shiny and red and cheerful. It has absolutely nothing to do with knitting. Well, my knitbud Mendy gave it to me so I guess there's somewhat of a connection. She also gave me grapes and chilis and squash and avocados and a couple of oranges. I have no idea what to do with the pomegranate though. I'm going to take it with me to Robert's when I go over there on Thanksgiving. Meanwhile I'll just enjoy its perfection.

I was home last night for the first time this week. I worked on the brown vest for several hours and have actual visible progress. But it's still just brown, double seed stitch.

I didn't even take my shop project out of the bag yesterday. I only had one student but the shop was busy so I spent most of my day with "I just wanna make a scarf" people. And a couple of poncho enthusiasts. I really enjoy helping people choose colors and textures. I wish Ann Mary wouldn't move stuff around so much though. It's hard to find stuff when it's not where it was yesterday. But we're still receiving fall and winter yarns so I suppose she's just trying to make it all fit in.

I think I'm pretty much over the after effects of my fall. My wrist doesn't seem to hurt at all and most of the swelling on the back of my hand is gone. And I don't think I'll get a black eye either. So I'm on to something else.

No comments: