Thursday, March 27, 2003

What do you call a coven of unattached wiccans?

Craft Singles

This is a joke I got from Lisa so don't blame me.

I'm still trying to finish the Easter vest. It's all knit and put together but I'm having some design problems with the edgings. I don't really want a ribbing but it's beginning to look more and more like that's what I will do. I've tried an attached I-cord but that was too stiff. I've tried a single crochet edging but that was just too loving hands at home looking. The vest is a tuxedo style so it has points on the lower front. The ones I'm using are not particularly pointed but are, in fact, rather wide. I've also designed a very wide low neckline for the front. Next I'm going to try picking up and then binding off immediately. I want a sort of corded look around the edges. So we'll just have to wait and see.



Here's a blurry photo of the finished Country Trunk Socks. There were lots of color changes so there were lots of ends to be woven in. I decided to skip the Kitchener stitch and just wove the tail of the yarn through the final loops. They look fine to me and there doesn't seems to be a lump in the toe. The color is way off. I went outside to take a picture and dropped my camera. Fortunately it hit the edge of a plastic pot before it hit the cement. It seems to be working okay. Guess I'll have to remember to put the strap around my wrist in the future. The picture I took outside didn't have much better color and I didn't like the background so decided to use this one. Now I just have to wait for Lisa to try them on so I know if they fit.

No comments: