Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Well, after the torrential rains on Saturday we had a gorgeous day on Sunday. And the weather continues to be sunny and pleasant. Except we have some pretty strong winds. Palm fronds caught in the nest of TV dishes on our roof. Shrubs scraping the windows making spooky sounds.

It was so busy at Skein on Sunday that I didn't even bother to get my knitting out. I had five students and several other folks just looking for a little assist. The noise level was incredible. I guess some people just talk loud. When you have two of those people together it makes everyone else have to talk louder so it just goes up and up. And another thing! I hate it when people start handling my knitting or someone else's without first asking permission. It is just so presumptuous. I really came close to slapping someone's hands on Sunday. I really don't care if you grew up in a different culture. Get a little couth, please! And leave your noisy, runny nose kid outside.

Yesterday I went on a house call. One of our customers is no longer able to drive and doesn't have ready access to transportation. She just turned 90 last month and she's just such a pleasure to be with! She called me and asked if I could come and help her with the neckline on a sweater she's making. So I went to see her yesterday morning. After getting lost for about ten minutes because of some wrong assumptions about the directions I got to her place and spent about an hour catching up on all that's been going on in her life as well as answering her questions about Skein and about her sweater. It was so much fun just to be with her. I'd like to be able to take her shopping or whatever she needs to do but I'm pretty sure she won't be able to get into my Blazer. Maybe I can find a small, sturdy footstool. Have to wait and see how that plays out.

After my knit-aid visit I went to Glendale and had lunch with one of my former co-workers. Always fun to catch up on what's happening with the old group. Not many of them left nowadays. (I'm so glad I got out of there when I did.) So then I came home and did some laundry and took a nap. Didn't get much knitting done at all this weekend. I've been working on the ribbed beanie as I read blogs this morning but now I'm ripping out the decreases. Haven't figured out a decent looking way to decrease a 2/1 ribbing so I'm just going to switch to SS for a couple of rows and then do a four point decrease. I managed a few rows on the second sock. I'm waiting to hear from Lisa about what length I need to make them.

No comments: