Monday, July 31, 2006

It's Dulaan day every Monday. So, even though the group didn't get together, I've spent most of the day working on pieces for the afghan we're doing as a group project. I don't have anything specifically for Dulaan on the needles right now. Well, there is a hat that's slowly taking shape but I haven't touched it in a couple of weeks.

In the interest of fairness I guess I should tell you that the weather is way better than it was this time a week ago. It's more than twenty degrees cooler and the humidity, while still high, is not as bad as it was. I went to see my friend Robert last night. He lives near Santa Monica and it's always ten or so degrees cooler over there than it is in Pasadena. I was glad I wore a long sleeved shirt. Sitting out on his patio would have been too cool for me.

I'm working another full time week. Ann Mary, although she's better, is still having some issues with her recovery. I'll be there to back her up, just in case, and to cover for the other teacher who chose this week to be away from the shop.

I hope this is the last week that I need to do this. I've got some running around I want to do. I promised a friend I'd take her yarn shopping while she's on vacation. That's next week. And our Thursday night knitting group is taking a harbor cruise in a couple of weeks, and more yarn shopping. I have a coupon that I need to use before the end of August, so that's more yarn shopping. I'm waiting for the new fall yarns to arrive at Skein before I use the store credits that I get for making shop samples. I may need some more storage boxes.

No comments: