Friday, July 14, 2006

No photos. Again! I feel so defective. There's just nothing new to click. A couple of pairs of socks are still crawling along. I doubt if I'll finish either one before the weekend, even if I am spending most of the day on them while I'm at Skein.

It continues to be very hot and humid here. I was out before six this morning, before the sun was all the way up, and it was pleasant, but before I got home the sun had crested the mountains to the east and you could really feel its heat. The weather guys are predicting 97F for Pasadena which means it will probably reach 100 at my place. I don't expect to be very busy today.

Thursday night knitting was pretty low-key. Three people who had said they'd be there cancelled but there were still five of us. All of us were working on old projects, just trying to finish something before allowing ourselves to start anything new. We had a really great dessert. Fresh cherries, nectarines, grapes and blueberries cut up and heaped in a bowl so all we had to do was help ourselves. There were strawberries too but I picked them out. Can't stand the things.

No comments: