Thursday, June 01, 2006

Blogger wasn't working yesterday morning when I got ready to post and when I got home in the evening I was too tired and distracted. I didn't really have much to say though. I knit this scarf on Tuesday and was going to post a picture. It wasn't very good and this one isn't much better but it's better than the first one. I used some Cashcott ribbon from Cherry Tree Hill that I've had in stash for a couple of years. When I finish a couple more samples using different yarns I will try to write the pattern and maybe actually get around to posting something on my patterns page.

If you'd like to see a picture of my famous kid, click on the link. While you're there you might want to check out some of the other stuff about the LA County Fair. Prep for that is getting into full swing so I imagine Lisa will be more and more busy. I'm fortunate because I get to see my daughter usually every two weeks. This month though I get to see her a bit more often because sometimes things just happen close together and there's no way to space them apart. This weekend it's the final day of Dino's Italian Restaurant, one of our favorite places. Next weekend we're having dinner with a couple of my friends from Skein and then it's Father's Day. So, in spite of the distance, the heat and the very high gas prices, Lisa will come to see me. Woo yay!

And speaking of the heat. The air conditioning at Skein went out yesterday. I had just been telling a friend how glad I was to be getting to stay in an air conditioned space all day. You'd have thought the heat was on to hear the people complain. It really wasn't all that bad. Ann Mary opened both doors so there was a breeze coming through. The a/c people are supposed to be back today with a new motor or whatever to get it going again.

No comments: