Monday, June 26, 2006

It's almost too hot to knit. Almost. We were supposed to go to Burbank yesterday to visit the Great Wall of Sock Yarn at Unwind Yarns but my partner in crime wrote and postponed as she was afraid the heat would be unbearable.

Actually it wasn't too bad until about 3:30 in the afternoon. I've never experienced anything like this. Suddenly there were huge gusts of heat coming in the window. Really, just like someone opening an over door. It got hot so fast that I had to go check to make sure my building wasn't on fire. In about fifteen minutes the temperature went from 84F to 98F.

I have been working on a couple of pairs of socks. One is ready for the heel flap on the second sock, the other is just about ready for the toe shaping on the first sock. I don't know what happened, maybe it was the heat, but suddenly I couldn't stand working on socks. I've been going through a bunch of yarn that's been stashed in my living room for the past six or seven months. I found a sweater that I had started sometime last year (I think) and decided to work on that. When I got to the armhole decreases I discovered that my row gauge was way off and I still had another twenty rows to go. They're done and now I can move on with the rest of the back. There's not much point in taking a picture right now as it's just a big square of stockinette. Tweed stockinette at that! Maybe tomorrow or the next day.

No comments: