Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Not up for the challenge

Not up for the challenge

I've let the sign up date come and go without signing up for the Knitting Olympics. I just couldn't commit to doing one project for that long. I tried working for an entire day on a sweater that I'm making for the Dulaan Project and it nearly wiped me out. The tedium and monotony were overpowering. But I did get a lot done.

I have selected a pattern and have the yarn, from stash, set out and ready to go. I'll start on Friday, at the appointed hour, and see how far I can get. I'm easily sidetracked and am always up for a new start.

Right now it's hats. My stash for hats is rapidly approaching my stash for socks. And I added significantly to it yesterday. Mendy and I went to Unwind yesterday and helped ourselves to the leftovers from their No Super Bowl Party. Lots of yarn for $1.00 to $4.00 per ball. I think I have enough for at least seven hats.

I really need to spend tomorrow putting my living room back in order. The two days I've spent installing and uninstalling and installing computers has left a havoc. Ann Mary hinted that she'd like it if I came in tomorrow to cover for the other teacher who is ill. I'll see how much I can get done in the morning and if there's time I'll go in for a few hours.

No comments: