Friday, January 16, 2004

Moving right along

No pictures yet but I've almost made my goal for the week. One scarf is done, the second sock is nearly there and the second scarf is about half way. I've given myself a deadline and I'm stressing about whether I'm going to make it. I know that several people use their blogs to keep track of their progress and to keep themselves "honest" about getting things done. I think it's a pretty good idea. I've never tried it before. It's working for me but do I really need this stress? I think I can use this as a tool but I need to set some more realistic goals.

I've had fewer students this week than I've been having but I'm expecting a goodly number tomorrow. I had a few folks today that were more or less touching base to see if they're doing okay. And several friends came to just sit and knit. Maybe that's the reason I didn't get as much done today as I thought I would. And I spent a lot of time playing with Pat the cat when I got home.

I've never done any felting so I don't have any hands-on experience with it. Only know what I've read. Anyway, I was asked if a high efficiency washer would provide enough agitation to make the process work. Does anyone know, or at least have an opinion? And what is the most critical element of the felting process?

It's hard to type with a twelve pound cat sitting in your lap.

No comments: