Sunday, January 11, 2004

Poncho plenty!



Here, at long last, is a photo of the completed poncho I started last October. It's been finished for a few weeks but I just got around to having it cleaned and blocked. I tried, very unsuccessfully, last night to get some pictures. They just came out all yellow and sickly looking. This one's too blue but I'm done trying.



This one is a more accurate depiction of the color. I used some 100% Icelandic wool that I've had in stash for at least seven years. I have ten skeins each of the same wool in two other brown tones. I don't think they're gonna become ponchos. Right now I consider myself done with the poncho-a-long and will notify Alison just as soon as I finish this post.

Lisa has seen the poncho in progress and is excited to finally get it. Not that it's really very cold here, and this poncho is very warm! I'll try to get a pic of her wearing it when she comes over next weekend.

Not much else that's news. Still busy and running way behind on most of my projects. Well, technically, I'm not behind since nothing has a deadline other than what exists in my own mind. I will finish two scarves and a pair of socks this week, or else.

No comments: