Thursday, December 27, 2007

Moving right along, again



Looks like a ruffle, doesn't it? It's actually a scarf knit lengthwise. It's from Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton Hand Knitting Collection, Book Number Two for Noro/
One of my students made the complete ensemble, leg warmers, hat and scarf for one of her grandchildren, using Silk Garden instead of the Kureyon the pattern stipulates. And then my friend Mendy decided she wanted to make one, so I thought I'd just join in on the parade. I just happened to have the right amount of Kureyon, 4 balls, in my stash to make the scarf. I'm using color number 182. There's a lot more brightness going on than I'm used to. I think this looks a lot like a fiesta skirt. Not my usual somber preference.



Here's another view. I'm just about done with the second skein and hope to finish this by the end of the year, or before. I'll get a lot done today and tonight at knit night. I have some socks in the works as well that I'll like to finish by next Monday although there's no real reason to rush.

3 comments:

lexa said...

The colors are quite bright, but it looks very nice. It does remind me of a "fiesta" skirt!

Monika said...

So far I haven't had the urge to cast on so many stitches for a scarf, even though I've seen several lenghtwise knitted ones, which I really liked. The colors are nice though.

Fay Lynn said...

I just love this. I may have to cast it on. Just have to find the right yarn.......