Thursday, January 04, 2007

Well, I did figure out where I am in the aran pattern. Much easier than I thought it would be. But I didn't get to sit down and do it until around 9 last night. The day was much more chaotic than I had planned. Laundry which always takes hours and hours. Then I spent a lot of time dealing with homeowners' association stuff. And fitted in where I could some repeats on the Irish Hiking Scarf that I'm making as a start on replenishing my FO drawer. Never too soon to start your holiday knitting.

I plan to get in several hours on the aran today but right now I'm making soup and a chocolate zucchini cake. I'm trying to use what I have. I happened to have exactly the right number of eggs for the cake and just enough zucchini. And the soup is just red beans with some vegetables thrown in. I guess I could say that I'm taking the same attitude toward my knitting. Trying hard to use what I have. Not exactly going on a fast but definitely cutting back on buying. I've run out of storage room and I don't want to buy any more plastic boxes. Kinda like when your clothes are too tight and you decide to lose weight instead of buying new ones.

No comments: