Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursday night knitting was great! We had a much larger turn out than we've had since before the holidays. Eight people and as someone commented a better gender balance than usual. It's a lot of fun when we have that many people even if it is noisy and a little crowded and you can't hear everything that's being said.

I tried working on my lace bamboo socks but ended up having to rip several rows. Not only did I mess up the pattern but I kept losing stitches off the end of the middle needle. I usually work with a set of five but this pattern fits on three needles. I think I mentioned before that the pattern was originally written for two circulars. I'm still not ready for that but I'm reading the Cat Bordi book and that may help. I guess I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and make a pair using that technique before things will get better. And I guess I'll have to break down and get some Addis even though I'm not fond of them. I finished the evening working on my Irish Hiking Scarf.

I work tomorrow and am looking forward to a busy day. I have some finishing to do so maybe I'll take that along since I'm having a problem with knitting anything more complicated than stockinette, at least in public.

No comments: