Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A couple of people have asked why I haven't posted anything for the past few days. The truth is there isn't much to post.

I've knit two hats for Dulaan, including one I finished tonight. Our Dulaan group has moved to Tuesday nights instead of mornings. It does make it easier for more people to come.

My aran sweater is moving along. Twelve more rows and the back will be the same length as the front. At that point I'll be able to pick up and knit the sleeves. But it's still looks about the same.

I finished setting in the sleeves on the rust tweed sweater and just have the neckband to pick up and knit. Should be done by Friday.

I'm also repairing some gloves I knit for Lisa last fall. Some of the stitches broke when she washed them. I cut away the fingers and picked up stitches just below the thumb and now have only three fingers left to knit and they'll be back in service.

I also have been trying to rearrange my knitting books. I think I have most of the books shelved and the shelves moved to a better, more accessible location. Now I have to figure out what to do with twenty years worth of Vogue Knitting and ten or fifteen years of Knitters and Interweave Knits. I also have a bunch of miscellaneous knitting pattern books that I'm sorting through to see if there are any I want to save. Most of them are from the 90s but there are some from the 60s and there may be a few that are older. Does anyone collect these things that might be interested in having them?

No comments: