Wednesday, January 10, 2007

On Monday I knit a simple hat using Malabrigo Chunky in the Oceanos colorway. Of course I don't have a picture but it's just a plain ol' stocking stitch hat. But the yarn is anything but plain ol'. We have the yarn in lots of colors at Stitch in Time. The only hard part is deciding which color to try first. I'm glad I got to make a shop sample so that now I don't have to buy any just to try it. And if I weren't trying to cut back on yarn purchases I'd be there getting some more.

I've heard that time heals all wounds. I hope it also heals all loose and irregular stitches. I haven't touched this since the weekend but I hope to get back to it later today or sometime tomorrow. Right now it's a huge exercise in cabling without a cable needle. When I started this aran a couple of years ago I hadn't tried that technique but I took a class at the Knitters Retreat and I also got some pointers from Wendy Johnson. I haven't had much occasion to cable until now. It sure does make a difference in my speed. But I'm wondering if it's also contributing to kinda wonky looking stitches.

No comments: