Monday, January 15, 2007

I've been working on this sock for months! It took a while to even find a pattern that would work. Not that it shows up. Basically it's a zigzag lace pattern. The yarn is Regia Bamboo and is a bit of a pain to work with. Not a whole lot of give and it snags pretty easily.

I've cast on and worked the ribbing for the second sock. The original pattern was designed to work on two circulars but I converted it to dpns even though it meant that I had to work with four needles instead of my preferred five. I thought I'd try working the second sock using two circulars. How do you get rid of those huge ladders where you switch needles? I think there must be some kind of manoeuver that I'm not getting. I have a friend that teaches a sock class that uses this technique. I may have to sign up for that. Or see what the books say. Meanwhile I'm going back to the dpns.

And, by the way, the sock is way bigger than I had intended. Much longer. I had a problem measuring the length of the foot on the three dpns so much so that when I finally got the sock off the needles it was a good inch longer than I thought it would be. Good thing I need a variety of sizes for my holiday gift drawer.

No comments: