Thursday, November 09, 2006

What day is it anyway? Must be Thursday since it's my half-day off. This working six days a week is already becoming more than I think I want to handle. So what I'm going to do is still up in the air. I'm waiting for Ann Mary to make a final decision as to whether she can really afford what she offered me to get me to stay. I'm more inclined to just let it go and cut back to a couple of days a week at the new shop. I'm pretty much over feeling bad/guilty about leaving Skein. I've been told by a number of people that they only come there because I'm there and that they would follow me to the new shop. I hope to have some resolution to this by the end of the week.

Meanwhile, back to the knitting. I finished, finally, the purse I've been making for Skein. Of course there's no picture. You expected maybe I'd remember to take my camera? I'll try again tomorrow. Whatever happens I won't be making any more samples for the shop until at least after the holidays. I'm so far behind right now that I'm already considering alternatives.

I should be doing some chores right now but I'm just going to go knit for a while and probably take a nap. Patrick continues to wake me up at 4:30 so he can eat and get a good brushing before he goes off to sleep some more. I actually like getting up that early. I can read my blogs and get my morning walk in before the traffic gets too busy. I even stop at the market once in a while to pick up stuff that I forgot to get the last time I was there. But after a few nights of four to six hours of sleep I need to catch up a bit. And I need to leave for my afternoon gig early enough to stop at Kaiser to pick up some prescriptions and get a flu shot.

I did start another multi-directional scarf and I have some socks (three pair) that need some attention. And the cat wants some more brushing.

No comments: