Thursday, November 02, 2006


I know. I know. That is so two days ago! Technical difficulties. And I still think it's great. I think Halloween is Lisa's favorite holiday.

So. I start my new job today. I'm excited and maybe a bit nervous. I know the people who already work at A Stitch in Time. Well, I know them from the outside, as a customer. That's about like saying I know Opr*h because I've seen her on television. Everyone seems nice and I really like the owner. But what will it be like to be on the other side of the register?

I do have a student already lined up so that should break the proverbial ice. My friend Mendy is coming in to get some help on her sock knitting. And if I know Mendy, which I do, she'll probably also load up on yarn. We're meeting for lunch before. Going to Islands where we can blow all the calories we've been saving for the last week.

It's still slow for me at Skein. Only two students on Wednesday. That's not a lot when I have to spend ten hours there. I started a knitted bag. It's one of Trendsetter's patterns but we're changing it and using a different yarn. It'll probably take me another couple of days to knit the cover and then I'll attach it to the plastic mesh frame and add one of Trendsetter's very expensive glass bead handles.

Meanwhile I'm still working on the MD scarf and the socks. Tonight is Thursday Night Knitting so I should make some progress on those.

No comments: