Wednesday, November 15, 2006


It's still summer here. Temps in the mid 80s although it's pretty cool at night. I took that picture a few years ago when Lisa and I went to Oak Glen, a touristy apple-growing area just east of Los Angeles, up in the mountains. It's about as autumny as it gets around here.

The warm weather generally affects the yarn business but yesterday was definitely an exception. There were already three people waiting to be let in when I got to Skein yesterday. Ann Mary was a few minutes late which doesn't usually matter. Anyway, the shop was busy all day and I had more students than usual for a Tuesday. I did, however, manage to get most of the second mismatched sock done. I should finish that today and then get back to one of the other pairs I'm making for Christmas gifts.

Wanna work in a yarn shop? Skein is looking for someone to teach on Saturdays. Ann Mary asked if I'd be interested in holding special classes on Saturday, like sock knitting. No way. I'm looking forward to having my weekends free again, after seven years, and to having a couple of days in the middle of the week that I don't have to be somewhere. Not having to contend with the other residents in my building for time in the laundry room. Maybe I'll even have time to go through my stash and organize and edit. One thing's for sure. I don't plan on being guilted into filling in at Skein.

No comments: