Friday, November 03, 2006


"How many of those things have you made, anyway?" Slightly sneering tone. That's what she said as I pulled this scarf out to work on it yesterday. This is at least the twelfth multi-directional scarf I've made. I like making them. And for me, it's all about the knitting, not the finished piece. So what if I make the same thing over and over. I do the same thing with socks. I'm a bit over half way through the yarn supply and will probably finish this one over the weekend. I have the same yarn in another colorway so there'll be another one coming soon to needles near you.

The first day at the new gig was great. Everyone was very welcoming and made me feel good. And three students during the four hours I was there. The shop has such a totally different personality from Skein. Boisterous comes to mind. About half the store is taken up by needlepoint and needlepointers. Noisy group. But lots of fun. I'm sure I'll get used to the noise level after a couple of weeks. I haven't run a cash register since the late 70s. So that's new. And trying to remember where everything is stored will take a while. I really appreciate how helpful and supportive everyone is being.

No comments: