Thursday, December 01, 2005

Why is it?

Why is it

that every time I drop one of my dpns (often)it will fall between the arm of the chair and the seat? Not on top of the seat but way down inside to that I have to disentangle myself from the knitting and take out the cushion and then dig down to find the needle. I don't even bother to try to retrieve stitch markers anymore. And then, once I'm all settled in again, the cat comes and wants me to accompany him to the kitchen so he can have a couple of nibbles before wandering off somewhere until the next time.

Progress is being made but I'm beginning to worry. Another hat is almost done though, and the secret project is nearly there too. Tonight is Knitting Night so I'll get a bit more done on the bed socks. I'm already wishing the holidays were over so I can get back to some of my bigger projects. Hope I can hold off for another three weeks.

EC to the rescue, once again. I have a new student who comes in on Wednesday evening with her mother. The mother sits and struggles with her knitting while the daughter takes a class. I was watching the mother last night and realized that she was purling clockwise but knitting counter-clockwise and going through the front of the stitch rather than the back. (Of course I didn't tell her she was wrong!) I just suggested that she try knitting though the back of the stitch. She was amazed at how much faster it was and how much better her knitting looked. "I've been knitting for sixty years and no one ever showed me that. It's so much easier!" I just love it when that happens.

No comments: