Friday, December 02, 2005

Why can't I have that yarn?

Why can't I have that yarn?

There's a big sale today at Unraveled in Monrovia. (If they have a website I can't find it.) A gumball sale. Your discount is determined when you check out. Your draw a number from the fishbowl and that's how much discount you get, as much as 75%. And it applies to everything, including yarns that are already discounted, some as much as 50%. I know a couple of people who are going but I'm not one of them. I stopped by last night on my way to Knit Night just to see what I'll be missing. That was not such a good idea. I'm practically depressed that I have to work today and tomorrow and Unraveled's hours do not extend either way from my hours. So no Mountain Colors or Artyarns or Noro will be coming to live with me. Drat!

And, if that's not bad enough, Skein got in some new sock yarn. I think there are eight new colorways. Colorways that I don't have. Some of it is XXL Trekking and some is Step. Step had aloe vera and jojoba oil in it. I don't know why it has that but I don't think it would keep me from knitting with it. Why am I not buying this yarn? The Trekking is $16.50 per 100 gram ball and the Step is $21.50. Pricey but that's not usually a problem. This year though I'm trying to be more realistic. I have three large sized plastic tubs full of sock yarn, and two cubicles of sock yarn in my living room storage wall. And I just spent a couple hundred dollars on miscellaneous yarn on Monday. And I have five or six pairs of socks started already. However, the new sock yarn is right next to my table at Skein. I can keep an eye on it. If the supply starts to get low, well, I'll just have to intervene.

No comments: