Friday, December 16, 2005

Done. At last!

Done. At last!

After what seems like months and months these bedsocks are done. And I still have a week to go before I get to present them. I used some Interlacements Toasty Toes, 100% merino, that I got several years ago at a weaving show. Size 3US dpns. And a pattern that I made up based on similar socks I've seen here and there.

The hardest part was figuring out how to keep track of rows so I'd know when to shift the rib one stitch to the left. You'd think I could count the rows but in this yarn it was really difficult to see the knits and purls. I finally used a marker at the beginning of each set of four rows and then kept a scratch pad handy to record each round as it was completed.

It was so long between socks that I had forgotten how I did the toe decreases on the first one so I had to spend some time "deconstructing" the first sock. I think they match pretty well.

Now. On to the final multi-directional scarf and maybe one or two other things and I'll be able to get back to all those other projects that have been on hold for the past month.

We're having Thursday night knitting on Friday this week. I expect it to be sparsely attended, maybe only three or four people. It really throws me off when fixed events shift. It's like losing a landmark. I have a hard enough time knowing what day it is without all these changes. Even the cat is confused.

No comments: