Monday, December 05, 2005

Keeping busy

Keeping busy

There's not much I can really write about right now. Like a lot of people, I'm way overwhelmed with all I'm planning to knit for the holidays. And I am making progress but I can't really be more specific than that. But I have plenty to keep me busy.

I've taught a lot of different combinations of knitters, mother/daughter, sister/sister, father/daughter, mother/son. Saturday was my first husband/wife class. Nice, young couple. It was interesting to see how they differed. Both more or less got it right away but her knitting was a lot looser than his. He seemed to get the concept overall but she was more relaxed and less concerned with having it be right.

Other than that it was a fairly quiet weekend at the teaching end of the shop. The floor was quite busy though.

I think I've finished my yarn shopping for the year. I went over to Unraveled to see if there was anything left. There was but there's a lot less now. One of the sale items I really wanted was some Annie Blatt wool. It was still there and was 45% off so I got seven skeins of that. I wanted to get some Cascade 220 for the man's sweater in Holiday Handknits but there wasn't enough left in any color that I wanted so I'll let that go for now. I know I have enough in my stash but that's buried too far back for me to get to right now. Anyway I don't have time for that until at least March.

No comments: