Wednesday, December 21, 2005

This is Winter?

This is Winter?

Welcome to winter, LA style, or at least Pasadena. It was over 80F outside today. That's just too warm for people to feel like it's almost Christmas. Well, not everyone. I had a record day today so far as number of paying students. But it was pretty much easy stuff. And I had lots of cookies and candy to share and keep everyone happy. The orchid in the photo is from one of my newer students. I'm not sure if I can keep it where it is right now. The first thing Patrick the Catrick did was try to sample it. I'll have to put it up higher when I'm not home. He's a bit too lazy to jump on anything higher than the kitchen sink.

The notorious scarves are all done and will be delivered tonight. I did manage almost one skein on the scarf last night but still haven't touched the sock. In the photo, if you look closely, you can see the four skeins of sock yarn that I got last week. (I'm looking forward to finishing my gift knitting so I can get back to some of the abandoned socks. I'm hearing that from lots of knitters.) Anyway, tonight I have to get some things wrapped for my Thursday night group. That'll make some room. I'll be taking pictures but can't post them for a couple of days.

No comments: