Friday, July 08, 2005

Yeah, but what else is new?

Yeah, but what else is new?

Actually, not very much. There are still plenty of frou-frou novelty yarns to choose from for the scarf-inclined. And ribbon of various kinds. It's a bit of a problem to fit everything in right now. Ann Mary has started stacking unopened package on top of shelves around the shop and boxes are piling up in the small storage area in back. And we haven't even received the major shipments. It's going to be an interesting rest of the summer, tripping over boxes and shifting things around.

I love this time of year in the shop. We've already been looking at summer yarns since February. The fall and winter yarns are much more appealing to me so I really like to see what comes in. We're not expecting a lot until the middle of next month but a little trickles in almost every day.

I've finished the waistband on the skirt and am about eighteen rows into the main skirt. I hope I can finish tomorrow but that will depend on how many students I have during the day. I had three today and two of them were brand new so that always takes more attention. I spent most of Thursday night knitting working on the skirt. And eating Trader Joe's Truffles. I haven't worked on my scarves for two days now so I'm definitely not going to make it for Saturday, but soon. I hope.

And there's a new yarn shop opening this weekend. That Yarn Store is in Eagle Rock, just a little west of Pasadena. I'm not sure if I'll be able to check it out this weekend though. I'm supposed to go yarn shopping in another direction but haven't received a confirmation from the friends I'm planning on going with. So I'll wait and see.

No comments: