Monday, May 16, 2005

Sticking to my knitting

Sticking to my knitting

Literally. Yesterday it was in the mid eighties and humid to boot. I'm working on a child's sweater right now that has a bit of wool in it and the sweater is just big enough to cover most of my lap. And it makes for some sticky hands. I'm thankful that it's much cooler today because I'm almost done and I hope today's the day.

I've pretty much decided that I don't like the look of top down raglans. Plus the sleeves, which were worked in the round on dpns, look slightly different from the yoke and body which were worked on Addi turbos. It's subtle but it's there. I'm going to convert the pattern to be in the round from the bottom up and will probably work the sleeves flat. If that doesn't work I'll just stick to knitting in pieces and sew.

I meant to spend some time organizing and documenting my stash this weekend. The more I thought about it the more I realized that that would be depressing and would probably distract me from my current project which is only one of several that I need to finish and ship off before the middle of next month. So I decided to just stick to my knitting and leave the stash undisturbed for a while longer.

No comments: