Friday, May 06, 2005

The second time

The second time



Here's my progress to date on the 2nd Time Cotton top. For those of you with really good eyes there is a checkerboard border of St st and seed stitch across the bottom edge. The rest of you will just have to take my word for it. I'm really surprised at how easy it is to work with this yarn. I had expected it to split like anything but so far that is not happening. I don't know if this is a true marl yarn or not. There are four plies, each one a distinct color, that are evenly twisted to make a tweedy looking fabric when knit. But I'm happy with how it looks so far.

I forgot one of my needles when I took the sweater to Skein so I borrowed one from Ann Mary. I stopped at home on my way to Mendy's last night to get the second needle. I got distracted and forgot the needle again so I borrowed one from Mendy. That's the second time. I also forgot my pattern and my box of knitting tools when I left Mendy's but she caught me in time. I hope this isn't going to become a permanent part of my repertoire.

No comments: