Friday, May 27, 2005

Getting to the end

Getting to the end

Well, I had thought that I would finish the latest shop project today. It's been a pretty slow week and I did get to spend a lot of time on it yesterday. Today was a different story. I did exactly one stitch and then it got busy. I was an hour late leaving. So maybe tonight I'll get a lot done but I'm pretty sure I won't finish.

But it's a long weekend. Not for me, of course. We're always closed on Monday so the holiday doesn't matter. But lots of more fortunate folks will be going away. The main freeway going through Pasadena was already jammed with RVs and camper shells and a few boats by early this morning. So I'm not expecting much store traffic tomorrow. However, you never can tell.

And I'm almost at the end of the hat I'm making for the Dulaan project. I'd like to get all that stuff shipped off next week, or the following at the latest. I have to check to see when the next shipment date is since I'm not going to have time to finish the red sweater.

I heard that Stitch In Time, in San Marino, is having a yarn sale starting next Wednesday. 25% off. I have to be at Skein at eleven but I think I can squeeze in an hour beforehand. I haven't bought any yarn for at least a month. You can imagine the pressure that must be building. I don't need any yarn but I sure need a yarn buying fix. Maybe a couple of sock yarns would do it.

I took the curly mohair to my Thursday night group. They were all suitably impressed and envious. Least likely to happen suggestion: dreadlocks. How rude! Besides, I have nothing to attach them to.

Anyway, it's the end of the week and I'm happy about it. Hope you all have a great holiday and take a moment to remember what the day is really all about.

No comments: