Thursday, May 19, 2005

"Free" night

"Free night"

Our Thursday night knitting group is not meeting this week so I have an extra night at home. I miss not going. Especially since I rarely get to see any of that group except on Thursday. But I will be knitting.

I started a pair of mittens last night using some of the yarn left from the sweater. I'm just about to put the thumb stitches on a string and to knit the hand. I couldn't find the dpns that I wanted to use. I know they're here somewhere but they're probably in some mittens I started a few years ago. So I'm working a DK weight yarn on size 3US. They'll be a lot warmer, that's for sure. And I think that's the whole point of the Dulaan project.

I've only been working on the 2nd Time Cotton top while I'm at Skein so the progress is less than I would like but there is progress. I had to start over because of yarn problems but I'm almost back to where I was when I restarted. The weather has suddenly taken a turn for summer so I need to get this one done.

No comments: