Thursday, May 26, 2005

Curly mohair

Curly mohair

Not one of the Three Stooges. It's actually yarn. Beautiful, lush, handspun, hand dyed and all that. And sent to me all the way from back East, as we say out here. Picked up at MSWF by a friend who saw it and knew I would love it. If only I could capture its multi-hued orangeness.



I keep thinking "Shirley Temple on a bad hair day" but in a good way. I mean it's just so curly and twisty and at the same time has these soft, fuzzy areas that make the curls just pop. Exuberant! There's a warning label that mohair may contain vegetable matter. We all know that it's not just straw they're talking about. I don't see any.

Patrick isn't quite as excited about the yarn as I am. He much preferred the fragrance of the oatmeal/lavender soap that was in the same package. A big, generous bar! I'm torn between using it and saving it just for its scent. Although I was promised a resupply when I need it.

This package was waiting for me when I got home from that tedious meeting that I mentioned yesterday. What a way to forget all that bother! I'm going to show it off tonight at my knitting group. They're gonna love it!

No comments: