Monday, April 11, 2005

Smooth as silk

Smooth as silk

I just finished the La Luz Zigzag scarf that I started on Friday. It looks pretty much the same as what it did last week except it's about three feet longer. I enjoyed every minute of working with the La Luz. I do have some of the solid colors and have a couple of ideas about what I'm going to do with it. I made a top last year but ripped it out because I didn't like the way it looked. So I'll have to see if a second try, using a different pattern, will be better.

I drove over to Burbank today to see if I could say hello to Annie Modesitt between classes. She was teaching at Unwind Yarn this weekend. I couldn't take any of her classes but wanted to at least say hi while she was here. We were able to get away for lunch for an hour. She had rented a convertible and was having a grand time driving around with the top down. Burbank doesn't seem to have any chic little places to have lunch so we ended up at a coffee shop named Corral Cafe. We had to hurry but we managed to cover a lot of stuff. I'm glad I went.

While I was at Unwind I picked up three skeins of Grignasco Top Print, 100% alpaca. Very soft. I'm planning to make another of the Zigzag scarves but I'll see if I can find another way to end it. Not too happy with the way the silk one looks.

No comments: