Friday, April 22, 2005

One more day

One more day

and then it will be Sunday. This has been a very long week. Mostly because it's been very slow for me at Skein. I spent most of Wednesday and Thursday working on the shop sample poncho. It's basically stockinette and mindless but the Souffle yarn is tricky so I have to keep an eye on it. But I am almost done with the fifth skein which means I should be at the end but I'm going to have to use one more to get the width called for. I worked so much on it that my left thumb is acting up again.

Today was a lot busier. Three of the Monrovia moms came in. That is always a fun time. One finished piece and two that are in the finishing stage. I love the way these women relate and support each other. And they're unafraid to try new things. And even though they complain when they have to rip back they do it.

I also had a crochet student. She's struggling with her second poncho. Neither of us could figure out where she went awry so she's starting over and promised not to come back until she had figured it out. I think she left off a chain a few rows back. I don't know enough about crochet to fake it.

And then there was one man who has been working on a vest for a few weeks. He had lost some stitches but couldn't see where. He's using a black tweed yarn so it is hard to see. I ripped a couple of rows before I found them and got him going again. He got started on the neck shaping and lost some more stitches as well as knitting from the wrong ball of yarn. He went home to rip most of what he had done this afternoon.

As I was saying, it's been a long week. And uneventful in the extreme. I haven't started anything new. Well, I did start another multi-directional scarf. The Kureyon I'm using is so dark that I'll have to wait for a very sunny day to try to get a picture. And I swatched for a top for Lisa. I need 5.5 sts/inch and I'm only getting 5. I went down two needle sizes and am still getting 5. I'm even using the yarn called for so I can't figure out why this is happening. I'm going to try again and if it still isn't right I'll rewrite the pattern.

No comments: