Monday, April 18, 2005

Glove weather

Glove weather

Well, it's not really but today is a lot cooler than yesterday. It's cloudy and overcast. I may have to close some of the windows. These gloves might come in handy.

These are my first, and possibly only, ever pair of gloves. I finished them a couple of weeks ago but have been waiting for Lisa to come over to try them on and model them for me.

I used Dale of Norway Daletta and one of their patterns from a book of accessories. Doing the fingers was more than a bit fiddly and I'm not really happy about the gaps between them but since the pattern itself is pretty holey I figured a few more holes are going to make that much difference. The lace pattern continues around under the palm so they're very cushioned. We'll have to wait and see if that's a problem. There's another pattern in the same book that has a smooth palm that might be more comfortable.

So. It's my day off and I don't have to do anything or go anywhere. Patrick has already had his early morning play and is off taking a nap somewhere. I'm planning a whole day of knitting. If I have enough yarn I'll be finishing another Zigzag modular scarf (the one I showed on Friday) and then spend some time on any of another ten or so projects.

No comments: