Thursday, April 15, 2004

I'm not sure that knowing a huge earthquake is predicted for Southern California, sometime in the next five months, is going to add much to my quality of life. I do not like earthquakes. I wouldn't mind at all if this team of scientists has its theories proven wrong. But I'll be stocking up again. I think most of my supplies are past the use date by now. It's just difficult to know what to stock up on.

I took my toe-up sock to the Thursday night knit together. Not to show it off but to get some input and suggestions. Everyone pretty much agreed that the pattern was flawed. They liked the lace pattern though. So I'll rip it out and try working it from the top down in a different stitch pattern.

Mendy was in Alberqueque last week and brought us all back some beautiful skeins of Fiesta Yarn. The ones I chose are 100% silk La Luz in a color called Pecan. It has a beautiful sheen and looks more coppery to me than pecan. This definitely shawl material. She also gave me two hanks of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Yarn that she couldn't remember what she bought it for. The color is Aslan. I can hardly wait to try it out.



No comments: