Tuesday, April 06, 2004

I had planned to go to the market yesterday after I got home from my yarn shop hop. But it was a very long day and I was very tired. So I didn't go. So it's popcorn for breakfast, again! I had better go to the market soon as there are only two bags left.

We did have a grand time. Spent almost two hours at Velona's. That place is just mind numbing, especially if you've never been there. Chris and Rose are the best! We spent some time over lunch wondering if they're husband and wife. I've always assumed they are because Rose talks to Chris like he is her husband. If he were an employee I don't think she'd tell him to "Hush! You're holding up the customers!" right in front of everyone. You just can't talk like that to an employee.

When we left there Velona's was nearly $1000 to the good. And my part was only about $32. Got a couple of skeins of Regia Cotton sock yarn and a copy of the latest Vogue Knitting. Then it was off to lunch and Yarn Lady.

Yarn Lady is impressive but after two hours in Velona you're kinda burned out. We only stayed there about an hour and a half. They had a wall of Koigu. That's the first time I've seen that much Koigu in one place. I almost didn't buy anything but I felt it was my duty to show them support for having brought that much yarn to the West Coast. So I got a couple of skeins in a turquoise colorway. I would have bought the orange mix but I think I already have it somewhere around here.

The traffic was already at a crawl by the time we left so the third shop, Phebie's, will have to wait for another day.

I did finish the birthday socks, at about midnight last night. I'd take a picture but the only available light is barely enough to see by. It's almost 10AM but it looks more like 5. Maybe later, when I get home from Skein, there'll be more. But I have to go to the market so it may already be dark.

No comments: