Wednesday, March 31, 2004

It felt a little strange yesterday when 4 o'clock came and it was time for me to leave for the day. I've always worked until 6. I didn't get out right on time because a couple of my knitting buddies arrived just before 4. Hardly anyone knows yet about my new hours. So I stayed for about an hour and chatted with them and planned a yarn shop hop for the weekend. Yay for Sundays off!

I have a couple of hours to knit this morning before I have to get ready. Still working on the socks I'm making as a gift for one of my students. I haven't worked on anything else for the past couple of days except the poncho that I'm making for Skein. And that's pure drudgery. K3, P1 on size 13US needles for 72 inches using yarn that's supposed to work on size 4US. The yarn is lovely though. I think it's a desecration to be using it this way. Hey! I only work here.

I'm reading No Idle Hands. I don't have the book with me right now and can't remember the author's name. It's "The Social History of Knitting in America." Very enjoyable and amusing. Seems like today's knitting craze is just another in the on-going cycle. I also got out my copy of The Sock Calendar by Catherine Wingate and Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer. There are several patterns in there that I think I'll add to my list of candidates, especially the ones named Summer Solstice. I already have several skeins of the Sockotta yarn.

No comments: